We all as unsigned or Independent artist fall into the habit of releasing music our own way. Well what about releasing it the proper way to gain a true following and the exposure to reach the next level. 

Ask yourself have you paid the $55 fee per song to have it/them copywritten?

Have you registered your music/single/ep/lp etc with SoundExchange?

**http://www.soundexchange.com**

Have you registered your music/single/ep/lp etc with SoundScan?

**http://www.nielsen.com** (MAKE SURE you have your ISRC & UPC codes BEFORE registering)

Do you have an ISRC code for your single etc?

**get a free ISRC code with either CDBaby.com or LOUDR.com (preferrably LOUDR)**

www.loudr.com

If you haven't done these 4 things for your release....how can you expect to be on the Billboard Charts or any real exposure.

Have you paid someone for a radio promotional campaign for your single?

I'm talking AM/FM Radio Stations. Internet Stations are nice, but they compare nothing to the AM/FM radio.

Sometimes and especially in this case, being patient can be far more rewarding for you and your career than just jumping out there watering down sites with unregistered music.

Thank you for your time.

Views: 203

Replies to This Discussion

Thank You for posting this information, it is very valuable as these things are necessary and people commit to their career in stages pending on their finances as well, unless you get signed and have someone covering these expenses you will have to definitely pay to protect your own originals, etc...  great point.  Thanks Raw Boss

Anyone else feel free to comment and/or inquire and/or share info that's what this page is all about!

PS:  Raw Boss, If you could post direct links here for them that have no idea of these sites to go to for copyrights, registering etc... would be great.  I know some sights you go on to sell your music require and will direct you to these sites to get registered, ISRC and UPC codes and Copywritten before they will go further with putting out your music for ex: Reverbnation and CDBaby.com assists with it in their packages and now of course Poze Records helps with some of it as well.  You must protect your investment/craft!
 
TC ECKSTEIN, VOCALESE (LADII) said:

Thank You for posting this information, it is very valuable as these things are necessary and people commit to their career in stages pending on their finances as well, unless you get signed and have someone covering these expenses you will have to definitely pay to protect your own originals, etc...  great point.  Thanks Raw Boss

Anyone else feel free to comment and/or inquire and/or share info that's what this page is all about!

www.soundexchange.com (Soundexchange)

www.nielsen.com (Soundscan)

Get a free ISRC & UPC code by distributing your music for free through LOUDR

www.loudr.com

TC ECKSTEIN, VOCALESE (LADII) said:

PS:  Raw Boss, If you could post direct links here for them that have no idea of these sites to go to for copyrights, registering etc... would be great.  I know some sights you go on to sell your music require and will direct you to these sites to get registered, ISRC and UPC codes and Copywritten before they will go further with putting out your music for ex: Reverbnation and CDBaby.com assists with it in their packages and now of course Poze Records helps with some of it as well.  You must protect your investment/craft!
 
TC ECKSTEIN, VOCALESE (LADII) said:

Thank You for posting this information, it is very valuable as these things are necessary and people commit to their career in stages pending on their finances as well, unless you get signed and have someone covering these expenses you will have to definitely pay to protect your own originals, etc...  great point.  Thanks Raw Boss

Anyone else feel free to comment and/or inquire and/or share info that's what this page is all about!

Thank You For Sharing Raw Boss

Believe it or not, many unsigned artists do not even know about much of these things , they just want to do their music.  This is the reason everyone, I formed a group like this so people interested in going further or even staying INDIE but doing it while your music is made sellable is at your grasp.  We need to continue to share information and not assume everyone just knows or chooses to do things the way they are doing.  I can't tell you how many people have approached me asking questions like "What is an EPK?" or  How do I get my songs turned into a CD? etc...KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!!   Let's Share It as we learn it! 

Right on

I Love that you got in  the discussion, this is hopefully the beginning of POZE Artists opening up to learn more about the Biz, Not that I have all the answers!  Cause Lord knows I'm still learning, it is a whole separate thing from learning music to know the business side of it all.  Yet, as a group we can network together to be on top of our game.  Having said that, I Thank You So Much Rawboss for taking the initiative in starting discussing this topic.  YES!!!!  Let's Git' It POZE!!!!

I believe the copyright price went from $35 to $55 unless I was doing it wrong. I forgot to mention www.copyright.gov in the discussion.

Thank You!

This is Great Info. Rawboss, Where do I find SRC & UPC   for Poze Records? 

ISRC & UPC 
Rawboss said:

I believe the copyright price went from $35 to $55 unless I was doing it wrong. I forgot to mention www.copyright.gov in the discussion.

Amen!

RSS

Visitor Tracker

 free counters

(Posted February 10, 2012)

Latest Activity

Symphony posted a status
"Thank you all that had voted for me!Thank you so much Poze!Without all of you, this wouldn’t be possible! I andMy Alters are truly grateful!"
7 hours ago
Symphony posted a photo

Gotta Catch ‘Em All

I and My Alters might just be rare Pokémon lol
7 hours ago
realhiphop posted blog posts
8 hours ago
Groovecutter posted a photo

Money Hustler 2

New Release Money Hustler
12 hours ago
Groovecutter posted a status
"Another Fresh Brand New Release that is now out on release here, so you can catch it here first on Poze the player on the left has it"
13 hours ago
Groovecutter posted a song

 play Money Hustler

13 hours ago
Groovecutter left a comment for Victorious Marcus
"You too, i hope you have a great day and all the best with your career spk soon G"
13 hours ago
Groovecutter left a comment for DRUG MUNEY JUNE
"And thank you for the following i support other artists aswell as it is good for us all i hope you have an awesome day all the best"
13 hours ago
James D Salvato posted a status
"Congratulations to all the Poze XMA Music Award Winners!!!!!..."
16 hours ago
James D Salvato posted a photo

"Made The Top 40!"

Iam very thankful to announce i made the Top 40 today!!"...
16 hours ago
Talisa favorited Dave Panico's video
23 hours ago
hooyoosay posted a video

hooyoosay - FUN FACTS DANCE - song snippet

Instrumental, pop, electronic, synth pop, dance, soundtrack, happy, feel good, fun. For that family-party! Listen to the full song here: https://www.youtube....
yesterday
hooyoosay posted a song

 play hooyoosay FUN FACTS DANCE

yesterday
Alfred Adams left a comment for Symphony Despieu
"Hello Symphony, I now have over 860,000 plays on N1M.com/Wesadams. I would like to have a conversation with you regarding "helping starving artists to be heard" (That's me) All the Best, Wes Adams aka Alfred Adams"
yesterday
Alfred Adams posted a status
"Update! Today I have over 860,000 plays since March! Grateful and thankful. You can listen at N1M.com/Wesadams"
yesterday
Benny Candela favorited Benny Candela's profile
yesterday

X-poze-ing VIP`s Speech

Notes

Poze ViP Makin News

Created by Poze Productions com Jan 29, 2020 at 3:33pm. Last updated by Poze Productions com Jun 2.

Uncle Earl

Created by Poze Productions com May 27, 2022 at 5:46pm. Last updated by Poze Productions com May 27.

VIP news

Created by Poze Productions com May 10, 2022 at 2:19pm. Last updated by Poze Productions com May 10.

New VIP artists

Poze TV now on …

Continue

Created by Poze Productions com Oct 12, 2020 at 3:13pm. Last updated by Poze Productions com May 5.

New VIP featured artists

Created by Poze Productions com Aug 11, 2019 at 2:55pm. Last updated by Poze Productions com May 5.

© 2022   Created by Poze Productions com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service